Monday, May 21, 2007

making the jump

Well, I've been trying the higher limits lately at pokerstars. I've been playing either the $50 or $100 sit-n-gos lately. I've had moderate success so far.

Last night, I should have placed in the money in the $50 game. I was on the comeback from being the short stack. I've employed a "fold or all-in" method when I 10 BB or less. Which means I would have to go all in at around $1000 in chips when the blinds are at $50 and $100. Sounds a little early to do such things but hey, it's correct tournament play.

Anyway, back to the $50 game. I was doubling up a few times and was up there in chips now. Second in chips - 4 handed. I got dealt pocket Queens. A very strong hand. One of the players goes all in and the chip leader also goes all-in. I call his all-in with my ladies. The chip leader shows pocket Jacks and I'm looking real good to double up and be the massive chip leader but he ends up spiking a Jack on the river to knock me out at 4th place. I'm wondering if I should have called his all in. I can't imagine folding the queens being the correct play. If any professionals reading this can comment please do so....lol

Okay, so I play the $100 and again go out on the bubble. So I drop down to the $30 and take first place. So now I recoup my loss at the $100 games.

I just got an email last night from pokerstars that my account has elevated to SilverStar status. Not too sure what that means yet but that's due to having played a bunch of 50 and 100 dollar sit-n-gos. I'd be interested in what kinds of benefits I get now.

That's it for now. Btw-I think I'm going to pass on the $1500 game (Event #3 at the WSOP). I'm going to spend more time on the Double shootouts online for the main event. I'm planning on buying an iMac this summer when the new line gets released. However, pokerstars hasn't created a mac compatible version yet.

No comments: