Tuesday, June 5, 2007

cooler magnet

Well, I've been on a general losing streak. After two months without a refill, I finally had to last night. Since I've been playing at the $50+ sng, I had to put in for $200.

Anyway, lately, I've been getting more aggressive with a short stack. Normally, when the blinds are at $50/$100, I used to play the same tight game. However, if I'm at below $1500 mark, I only have 15 BB left. Now I wouldn't panic yet, but the next level is $75/$150. So I need to start stealing and if unsuccessful, I'm in all-in/fold mode.

Well, so when I find myself short stacked, I've been going all in with any ace usually. Depending on the table, I'd also go in with suited connectors and hands I feel that would call and dominate me. So hands like K4 or K8 are hands I avoid.

Anyway, I end up going all in a lot more now and I find myself constantly running into coolers - meaning Aces, Kings or Queens. I don't know why I find myself running into these hands. I feel it shouldn't happen as often as it has.

10:18 PM:

Well, I just layed down a monster pot with QQ. Someone in early position raised and I called. I was reading about how not to telegraph your hands by re-raising pre-flop. So I just flat called the initial raiser. However, the seat to my left re-raised (from 60 to 220). So the initial raiser folded. I called as well. So the flop comes out K-K-7. I pause and check. Raiser checks behind me. Turn card - 4. I bet about 300 into the 600 pot. The raiser now goes over the top and goes all in.

I figure my Queens are beat by either A-K or Aces. I doubt if he flopped quads, he'd go all in. But I feel he didn't have A-K because he'd flop trips and I'd be drawing to two outs - why scare me out? I think he had Aces. I think he'd was willing to go broke with that hand had I had A-K. Aces make the most sense because he raised so much pre-flop and then went all in on the turn.

10:46 PM
Well, got knocked out by another donkey. I had about 1300 in chips and the blinds at 50/100. The donkey on the button raised with Ad3d. I had AcKc. He raised it to 300 and after thinking about it, I went all in. He insta-called. I was in great shape to double up after seeing his 3d being dominated. However, the flop brought 2 diamonds. Of COURSE!!! The turn brought the Kd. Pokerstars had to make it painful.

That was the end of me. It's exactly those kinds of hands that make me really wonder if online poker isn't fixed.

Oh well, I should go to bed now.

No comments: